Greenock Uniting Church
GREENOCK UNITING CHURCH: Branson Memorial Methodist Church (later the Uniting Church) was dedicated in 1955, the church building was used in the traditional way until 2007. Then, faced with limited resources, the small and ageing congregation made the bold decision to cease Sunday worship services and use the Church building for community outreach ventures instead. Through business sponsorship, community donations, grant funds and volunteer support, Greenock Uniting Church now oversees a “Connections” ministry which includes a Coffee Shop.
The bell from the first Methodist Church in Greenock, built in 1855, is located at the Uniting Church.