Greenock Post Office
GREENOCK POST OFFICE: A postal service to Greenock commenced in 1856 and was conducted in conjunction with a general retail store on the site of the present Greenock Creek Tavern. The Greenock Post and Telegraph Office was erected in 1879, combining the postal service and the telegraph service. Telegraph services were maintained from here until the mid 1920s and the staff operated a manual telephone exchange from 1910 to 1965. Today it functions as a licensed Post Office with the premises being privately owned.