These Terms and Conditions are intended for your safety and ease of use of our services. They should be read and understood before making a booking. We have tried our best to keep the fine print to a minimum, but the following terms are necessary for the benefit of everyone who stays at Greenock’s Old Telegraph Station. By making a booking with us, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. Guests are encouraged to purchase travel insurance to cover any unforseen circumstances. Credit card details are required as security for all bookings.
- Payment for website bookings (via the Book Now button) is required in full at the time of making your booking.
- Payment for Direct bookings (via telephone or email) can be by either Credit Card or Direct Deposit.
- Guests choosing to pay for their Direct booking by Direct Deposit must pay for their entire stay on booking and supply credit card details as security.
- Guests choosing to pay for their Direct booking by Credit Card can choose to pay just a non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total booking fee (negotiable for bookings more than 6 months in advance) to confirm the booking with full payment required no later than 10 days prior to arrival. On selecting this method of payment, your credit card will be charged the amount of the deposit on booking. Ten days prior to your arrival it will be charged for the balance of payment.
- A confirmation email will be forwarded to your nominated email address once the booking process is complete.
- As a single cottage accommodation business, late cancellations and amendments to bookings often result in an empty cottage which has a significant impact on our business.
- Cancellations received more than 10 days prior to arrival incur an administration charge of 20% of the total booking fee (or a lesser amount at the discretion of management).
- Cancellations received within 10 days of arrival incur a fee of 100% of the total booking cost.
- Full payment is required at least 10 days prior to arrival date. Failure to arrange payment will result in cancellation of the booking.
- If you do not arrive or do not stay for the entire number of nights booked no refund will be given.
- If notified more than 30 days prior to arrival your booking dates may be changed subject to availability. Tariff increases may apply.
- Changes to dates with less than 30 days notice will incur cancellation fees to the original booking.
- Friday and Saturday nights must be booked as part of a two night minimum stay (ie Friday night must include either Thursday or Saturday, and Saturday night must include either Friday or Sunday).
- One night stays on Friday and Saturday nights can be requested but are subject to availability and approval.
- Minimum four night stay at Easter (Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights)
Children, Pets and Extra Guests
- Pets are welcome by negotiation – read HERE for more information.
- Children are welcome to stay. A port-a-cot and high chair are available on request.
- Children aged 4 and over are charged as extra guests. Children aged 3 years or less stay free of charge.
- The cottage is for the use of the number of guests booked only.
Late Check-out/Early Check-in
- The cottage will be ready for you by 2.30pm on the day of arrival, and check out time is strictly by 10:30am on the last day of your stay.
- Late check out or early check-in may be possible and is dependant on other bookings. Please enquire prior to your arrival.
- If cleaners are kept waiting due to you failing to leave the cottage by the agreed time, a late departure fee of $50 will be charged. The guest acknowledges that any charge of this nature will be debited from the credit card used to secure the booking.
Damaged or missing property
- The person booking the cottage or the credit card holder is deemed to be responsible for their actions and those of any of their group.
- We accept that some wear and tear of the cottage and its contents is normal. However, Greenock’s Old Telegraph Station reserves the right to charge guests the cost of rectifying damage, caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless act of the guest to the cottage’s property or structure and to replace, with new, any missing items. If the damage is such that the cottage is not able to be let for a period of time, that loss of income will also be billed to the guests who caused the damage.
- It is expected that dishes will be washed and any major cooking mess, including in the oven and the barbecue, will be cleaned prior to departure. Any unusual additional cleaning will be charged to the guest.
- We will make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting specialists to make the repairs, and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum.
- The guest acknowledges that any charges of this nature will be debited from the credit card used to secure the booking.