St Peter’s Lutheran Church

ST PETER’S LUTHERAN CHURCH: This church was dedicated in 1900 and its bell tower was added in 1975. The Lutheran Manse adjoining the church was erected in 1955 and the Church Hall and Parish Office was built in 1988. Major renovations and extensions to the Church were completed in May 2009. An earlier Lutheran Church at Greenock was situated in Bevan Street and remained open as a Lutheran...
read more

Greenock Institute

GREENOCK INSTITUTE: An Institute facility has operated in Greenock since 1883, with a commemorative plaque unveiled at a special dinner in 1983. A second plaque was unveiled in 2005 to observe the centenary of the present Institute building which was opened in 1905 and has provided a library and community hall facility in the district since that time. A kitchen and supper room were added in...
read more

Greenock Uniting Church

GREENOCK UNITING CHURCH: Branson Memorial Methodist Church (later the Uniting Church) was dedicated in 1955, the church building was used in the traditional way until 2007. Then, faced with limited resources, the small and ageing congregation made the bold decision to cease Sunday worship services and use the Church building for community outreach ventures instead. Through business sponsorship,...
read more